Child Sexual Abuse Awareness and Prevention Training
Sharron is an authorized facilitator of “Stewards of Children,” through Darkness to Light, Inc. (www.d2l.org)
The “Stewards of Children” curriculum is the only nationally available program scientifically proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child protective behaviors. This revolutionary program is for any responsible adult or youth-serving organization who is concerned about the welfare of children.
Topics covered in “Stewards of Children” training:
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults
- The signs of sexual abuse so that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly
Expected outcomes from the training:
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills for adults to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Proactive, positive change to organizational policies and procedures
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan
Please contact Sharron to facilitate the training at your home or organization.